Global Environmental Network, Inc. is seeking a self motivated, enthusiastic individual for a Storm Water Inspector position. The selected individual will assist with inspecting construction project(s) and industrial facilities for compliance with Storm water regulations, particularly the California Construction General Permit. The Storm Water Inspector is responsible for ensuring site compliance with all applicable NPDES General Permits, the project’s Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), Water Pollution Control Diagrams (WPCD) and any other applicable requirements (e.g. Dewatering Permits, etc.). This is a field position requiring the majority of the work hours to be spent in the field at project sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct routine, pre-storm, storm event and post-storm inspections as specified in the SWPPP
- Trouble-shoot site compliance and BMP issues, including designing construction site BMP
- improvements in the field as needed and coordinating with QSD
- Implement BMP improvements in the field, including installing/repairing BMPs, as needed
- Communicate site/BMP issues and inspection results to drive improvements with construction and client personnel
- Collect storm water and non-storm water samples
- Conduct field analyses of samples, as needed
- Verify site compliance with SWPPP, maps and permit conditions
- Complete, maintain and submit SWPPP reporting forms
- Advise project management of BMP implementation and other compliance issues
- Facilitate and lead SWPPP-related training and other relevant communications for project staff
- Compliance with GENI- and client-specific Health and Safety requirements and assist in preparation of compliance reports and SWPPP documents, as needed.
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- QSP and/or QSD certification preferred
- 2+ years of field storm water and/or construction experience, inspection experience preferred
- Strong MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and internet skills
- Best Management Practice (BMP) and NPDES regulation knowledge
- Familiarity with construction job sites and plans
- Familiarity with field sampling equipment
- Capable of field work and walking long distances on potentially difficult terrain
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment, random, and annual alcohol/drug screen
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment and annual physical and Valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter, with salary history.
Send your resume with cover letter to:
Human Resource Department
Global Environmental Network, Inc.
P.O. Box 8068
Fountain Valley, California 92728
Or fax, e-mail, contact us at: